Our aim is to equip children to be ready for the next phase in their education life. The curriculum is designed to develop the six areas of learning experiences in children. The goals for the learning areas are as follows:
Social and Emotional Development
- To help children develop an awareness of personal identity, manage their own emotions and behaviours, and take responsibility for their actions.
- To help children show respect for diversity, communicate, interact and build relationship with others.
- To model and impart core values to children to build up their character and competence in learning to equip them for a life of significance.
Language and Literacy
- To help children listen for information and enjoyment.
- To encourage children to speak to convey meaning and communicate with others.
- To help children read with understanding and enjoyment.
- To provide opportunities for children to use drawing, mark making, symbols and writing to communicate ideas and information.
- To help children recognise and use simple relationships and patterns.
- To help children use numbers in daily experiences.
- To help children recognise and use basic shapes and simple spatial concepts in daily experiences.
Aesthetics and Creative Expression
- To help children enjoy and express their ideas and feelings through art and music and movement activities.
- To facilitate children’s creation of art and music and movement using experimentation and imagination.
- To provide opportunities for children to share ideas and feelings about art and music and movement.
Discovery of the World
- To encourage children to show an interest in the world they live in.
- To provide opportunities for children to find out why things happen and how things work through simple investigations.
- To support children’s development of a positive attitude towards the work around them.
- To help children develop skills such as observing, comparing, classifying, sequencing, asking questions, decision making and problem solving.
Motor Skills Development
- To help children enjoy participating in a variety of physical activities.
- To help children acquire control, coordination and balance in fine and gross motor activities.
- To help children develop healthy habits and safety awareness in their environment.
- We have a Gym Coach from BearyFun Gym to conduct gym lessons for our children, once a week for N2, K1 and K2 children, twice a week for N1 children.
Christian values are taught through Bible stories and songs. We greatly emphasise bilingualism (English and Chinese) in the curriculum too.
Extended hours (Enrichment Classes) are available for N2, K1, and K2 children from 12.00-3.00pm daily. Extended programme includes lunch and afternoon outdoor play time. Enrichment Classes offered are: Little Chef, Chinese Speech & Drama, Kindermusik, Magic of Science, Inspirational Art, Chinese Rapid Word Reading, CMA, Aikido, and Creative Writing.